Sunday, February 17, 2013

DIY Gel Nails

Not everyone has an hour to sit in a nail salon or $30 every 2 weeks to get your nails done. I know I don't. So, researching I went....

This was my first time trying this DIY, but it is definitely good enough to share! This should last 5-7 days and will help your nails grow because of the thickness the gel provides. 




Here's what I used:
1. Gelous Advanced Nail Gel Coat { Buy here }
2. Any nail polish will work (I used Essie brand)
3. Out The Door top coat- Simply the best out there! {Get here }
4. Nail File of choice to smooth out nails


Colors Left to Right: {limo-scene} [tart deco] {devil's advocate}

Directions:
  1. Use file to shape your nails the way you prefer
  2. Remove all existing nail polish & file to smooth ALL over top of nails
  3. Wash & dry your hands to remove any remaining oil, dirt, etc.
  4. Apply a thin layer of the Gelous Advanced Nail Gel & let it semi-dry (1-2 mins)
  5. Then, use your choice of nail polish & give it 4 or so minutes to set
  6. Add another layer of Gelous Advanced Nail gel & allow it to semi-dry
  7. Add another layer of your nail polish and let dry 1-2 minutes
  8. Apply the On The Go Top Coat...

                   Some Of My Results:
 

Suggestion: On Day 3 add another layer of top coat. This helps prevent chipping on the edges.

On DAY 5~A little grown out, but not too shabby!

To remove: I'm bad and I just peel mine off. But, if you don't like to ruin your nails, pure acetone takes it right off! 

No comments:

Post a Comment