Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Sprucing up the back patio!

Let me just give you a little background.
 I have a regular full time job as a Design Manager for a local development company, but I also kept my part-time job that I had while in school. That being the lovely retail store, Tuesday Morning Inc. I've been there for 11 years and counting, holy cow! Let's face it, and call it how it really is: I only work there for my discount. For real. End of story. Trust me, no retail job will ever help pay the bills. I spend way more than I make, easily.

Anyway, this part-time job helps me find DEAL OF THE CENTURIES and this post is about one of them!

I have been looking for 2 Adirondack chairs for probably 2 months now and I almost bought them from World Market a couple of days ago for $70.99 + 10% off. 


Thanks goodness I didn't! When I went in to work on Sunday, my manager said she found some chairs in the back that she thought I might want. {This is the great thing about working there for so long, they know my style!} She said they are marked down to $79.99 then 60% off!!!! ummm... I don't even need to see them, I'll take 'em! THEN, then she said "On Tuesday they will be 80% off!" uhhh plus my discount! OMG I was about to fall over right there! Seriously, Tuesday took forever to come! I was like a kid on Christmas morning! I even went on my lunch break to go pick them up! Oh course I bought a lamp too. 

My total? oh, my total... you want to know? 
HA I left the store paying a whopping $47.48

Lamp- Orig $39.99, I paid $19.19
Adirondack Chairs- Orig $119.99, I paid $12.80 each {warning: this is not a typo}

Deal of the century I tell ya! They are a really nice quality, wooden, perfect size, oh and they even FOLD to store away in the winter! Perfect.




Green Geometric Cushions

Threshold from Target




You can't live in the South and not have a fern! It's pretty much against the law. {joking}






This tree we planted 2 Springs ago and it is HUGE!









Bailey wouldn't leave me alone as I was taking pictures. Typical.



View from the chair


Who doesn't love succulent plants?



NEXT TASK? Paint the back door yellow!

No comments:

Post a Comment