Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Florida and Non "Selfies"

This past week I was in Destin, Florida with my parents and boyfriend. {palm trees, sand between my toes, beer in hand, sun shining, waves crashing, wind blowing...all while sitting under an umbrella} ahhh....OK, let's come back to real life...If you've seen my Instagrams, I'm not much of a "selfie" taker. I like to take pictures of objects {food, architecture, interiors, my pups and flowers} I've never been a photogenic person [ask my mom, I'm sure she has stories!] I was always the one screaming, crying, running away or making a lovely angry face in everyone's pictures. Now that I'm older and more mature {HA}, I still find myself way more comfortable behind the camera, so of course, in Florida I found myself taking lots of "object" pictures.


Here are some of my favorite pictures
.
.
.
.
.
.
Our room was super cute! Vaulted Ceilings with sun lights. Don't you just love the oars on the wall??

I don't know what these flowers are, but I really enjoyed them!

The main pools by the beach right when it opened! So serene!

The beach! It was really windy the first couple of days & that's why they have the "wind blockers" {not sure of the real name for those}

I think this picture is AWESOME! And no, I didn't place the feather there.

Via the boyfriend

Also, via the boyfriend- The tiki hut served drinks during the day! Yum

These flowers were everywhere! It's like Florida's version of the daylily.

Hibiscus flowers were everywhere too!

This is the Red Bar menu... If you ever go to Destin...this is the place to eat! SO GOOD! Literally this is their menu and they set it on your table for a few minutes to let you choose. Notice it says cash or check only, so be prepared! Also, a warning: this is a local favorite so it is extremely crowded! Live music, outside seating, lots of neat things to look at on the walls and ceilings. Oh, and they also have these lovely duct tape seats! HA

I hope you enjoyed some of my favorite photos from my Florida trip! If you have any questions about Destin, I am happy to answer! I've grown up going here every year and now we seem to make it there multiple times in a year!


No comments:

Post a Comment