Thursday, April 11, 2013

Summertime Pasta

Here in Kentucky it went from Winter to Summer...I mean 30 degrees to 80 degrees. No wonder everyone has either allergies, a cold or the flu. Our bodies are so confused! So, I decided to roll with it and make a summertime pasta to go with our grilled BBQ chicken last night. 


Ingredients:

14.5 
oz uncooked elbows
1 10oz package grape tomatoes, cut in half
1 small to medium zucchini quartered
1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
7 tbsp light mayonnaise (I used Kraft with Olive Oil)
2 1/2 tbsp red wine vinegar
2 tbsp fat free Greek yogurt
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1/4 tsp oregano (I honestly don't measure)
1/4 tsp garlic powder (Again, I don't really measure)
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
Cook pasta in generously salted water according to package directions. Drain 
and rinse with cold water.



In a medium bowl, combine onions, mayonnaise, vinegar, yogurt, mustard, oregano, garlic powder; mix well. Add tomatoes (and any juice) and zucchini (I added a little salt and pepper too) then toss well.



Pour cooked pasta into a large bowl and add your sauce, tomato and zucchini mixture. Mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste.


After eating some for dinner, I found myself adding a squirt of the mayo, mustard and vinegar to just keep moist. 

ENJOY!

2 comments:

  1. I think I may make this for my cookout tomorrow!!! YUM!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes a HUGE batch, so perfect for a cookout!!

      Delete