Thursday, March 14, 2013

Paying It Forward

So, earlier this year I posted on Facebook the above post. It is now the middle of March & I haven't done one thing. I've been a little busy blogging, OK. ;)
The other day I finally got inspired and wanted to help someone that I really knew needed it. Deserving, I should say. She always puts everyone first and no matter how many times we all agree we aren't buying any gifts for Christmas or birthday...she always does. 
I wrote in cursive to disguise my writing (MAN, was that hard!)
I bet I haven't done that since elementary school! 

In this envelope is just a greeting card that says "(Outside) Just wanted to say Hi. (Inside) Just Because." I also included a $50 gift card that I knew she would use and enjoy. I did't sign it because I wanted it to be anonymous... all I put was a smiley face. We dropped this in her mailbox today and I can't wait to see if she calls us to say "Guess what someone left in my mailbox?!"
I plan on doing more for her because I think she is very deserving! I also want to "pay it forward" to the friends that commented on my Facebook post earlier this year. 

Try "paying it forward" to someone you know that deserves it. 
The feeling is truly rewarding!

Here are some ideas of what you can do to "pay it forward":
Send someone a "just because" card {here}
In the drive thru at Starbucks? Tell the barista you want to pay for the order of the car behind you.
Donate a few spare dollars to a charity you love.
Treat a friend to a movie for no reason.
Go through your closet and donate the clothes you don't wear to Goodwill or shelter.
Walk around your neighborhood and pick up trash.
Give a gift card to a deserving person.
Bake some goodies for a friend or neighbor.
Leave a thank you note for your mailman or garbage man.
Leave a larger than usual tip.

1 comment:

  1. interesting post! your blog is very lovely and interesting. im glad if you visit my blog, too<3

    xx
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete