Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Wearing Your Heart on Your Sleeve

Do you wear your heart on your sleeve? I can't say that I am that kind of person, but here is my version. My girly, fashionable and creative version.

Here is exactly what I used:
1. Gealous Advanced Nail Gel Coat {Buy here}
2. Any nail polish will work (I used Essie limo-scene)
3. Out The Door top coat {Get here }
4. Nail File of choice to smooth out nails & shape
5. Toothpick
6. Metallic Sharpie- [I used gold]
7. Magazine & scissors to cut out your word of choice


Flip through your magazine {before you start painting} and find your word. I wanted "love," but I was too impatient & settled for "heart." Cut that baby out! Carefully and as straight as possible.


   Basically I started out doing my DIY Gel Nails and then added a few steps.

Choose which finger is going to get the "word" and be prepared to apply it as soon as you put that top coat on. You want something for the word to adhere to and the Out The Door Top Coat dries super fast! 

For the word nail:
1. As soon as you apply the top coat, lay the word gently on your nail
2. Take the toothpick and softly press the word down, especially the corners. I kept pressing till I thought the top coat was dry. (If you wrinkle the top coat, it will be fine. Once you put another top coat on, you won't be able to tell)
3. Wait a few minutes then apply a top coat over your word nail. This will prevent any water ruining your word. 

 For the Sharpie nail:
1. After doing the DIY Gel Nails tutorial, let the top coat on your sharpie nail of choice dry completely! I mean completely!
2. Take your sharpie and draw away! Whatever your heart desires! {no pun intended}
3. Apply a top coat over your Sharpie nail to protect it from getting rubbed off.

{If you mess up with the Sharpie, take rubbing alcohol to get off & start over}

TA DA!!!
Aren't you excited?


1 comment: