Saturday, March 2, 2013

Turning Old Into New

Recycle, Reuse & Repurposing 

When we remolded our whole first floor, every box seemed to make it upstairs in every corner we could throw it in. (Not good for an OCD neat freak like me) I was seriously having anxiety, for 4 months. AH! 
Anyway,  as we started putting things back in their places, I decided to go through everything and either throw it away or put it in the "yard sale" box. But, let me just state...whatever you call the opposite of a hoarder...I am that. I hate having things that I don't use or don't have a purpose. It just takes up room when I could go buy other things ;)

So....when I walked past the yard sale box the other day, I saw Andrew (my BF) had put a couple of his older Hollister button down shirts in there. A pink & white stripe and a yellow & white stripe. 

It's March 1st, so I thought "Spring is near, but it's snowing. I'll wear spring colors, but layer them to keep warm. Maybe that will tell spring to hurry the EF up!" :)

Yep, that's my boyfriend's shirt that I repurposed for FREE!

Pink & white stripe detail with my coral sweater (LOFT- on sale!)

And YES, I've received compliments today! From male and female. [I don't think they can even tell the difference that it's a man's shirt!] Shh..don't tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment